Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Intro to WRAP for the LGBTQ Community

This workshop introduced attendees to the five key concepts behind the development of the WRAP program, and its relation to mental wellness among lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) communities.

WRAP offers practical tools to assist in living with life’s challenges. People came and learned self-care techniques and set personal goals, all while receiving support in a LGBTQ friendly space.
Here are some comments from participants of the class …

“I have been to other WRAP trainings, but this was my first LGBTQ training.”

“The facilitators Alex, Jay and Sandra were excellent. They did a great job. I learned a lot about the LGBTQ community – a lot of my questions were answered.”

“… enlightening, empowering and thorough.”

“Learning about WRAP has given me a new tool to help others. And will help me to conduct my new job responsibilities.”

“The training was meaningful to me, and the handouts and materials were useful.”

“What I liked most about the training was the information that was provided by the facilitators – Jay and Alex.”

“What I liked most about the training was how the facilitators presented the (WRAP) program in a simple and understanding way. Next, I would like to go to the Leadership Training.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more posts by you!
    English Courses In Miami

    ReplyDelete